This research uses the methodology Servqual in order to measure the quality of service given by a public university in Barcelona (Spain) to its study abroad students. The analysis explores the results not only from traditional approach based in a expectations versus perceptions point of view but from a more specific approach offering profiles of study abroad students from 5 different nationalities. The research collects information from 622 questionnaires and it provides useful insights related to future strategies for improving satisfaction and service at the host institution.
JEL Classification M30, M31, M39
- Grönroos, C., 1984. A service quality model and its marketing implications. European Journal of Marketing, 18 (4), pp. 36-44
- Grönroos, C., 1990. Relationship approach to marketing in service contexts: the marketing and organizational behavior interface. Journal of Business Research, 20(1), pp.3-11.
- Kasper, H., van Helsdingen, P., Gabbott, M., 2006. Services Marketing Management: A Strategic Perspective. Second Edition, Wiley and Sons.
- Oliver, R., 1980. A cognitive model of the antecedents and consequences of satisfaction decisions. Journal of Marketing Research, 17(4), pp. 460-469
- Oliver, R.L., 1997. Satisfaction: A Behavioral Perspective on the Customer. Irwin/McGraw Hill. New York.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V.A., Berry, L.L., 1985. A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research. Journal of Marketing, 49 (Fall), pp. 41-50